Got this recipe from Rachel Rays' show, '30 minute meals' - (Food Network). We tried this last Thanksgiving and were hooked! We did lessen the amount of Bourbon in it though, it was overpowering the full amount, which we cut in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add sweet potatoes and cook 12 to 15 minutes until very tender.
- 3Drain sweet potatoes in a colander. Return pan to medium heat.
- 4Add butter to the pan. When butter melts, add nuts and toast for 2 minutes.
- 5Add sugar and let it bubble.
- 6Add bourbon and cook out alcohol, about 1 minute.
- 7Add orange juice and the cooked sweet potatoes. Smash with a masher and season the sweet potatoes with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pecan Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 98.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g