Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This is another one of Rachael Ray's recipes. I wanted to do something different with sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving and this fit right in with my "orange" theme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain in a colander.
- 2Return pan to medium heat. Add butter to pan.
- 3When butter melts, add nuts and toast for 2 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and let it bubble.
- 5Add bourbon and cook out alcohol, 1 minute.
- 6Add orange juice and the cooked sweet potatoes.
- 7Smash with a masher and season the sweet potatoes with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pecan Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g