Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This is another one of Rachael Ray's recipes. I wanted to do something different with sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving and this fit right in with my "orange" theme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain in a colander.
- 2Return pan to medium heat. Add butter to pan.
- 3When butter melts, add nuts and toast for 2 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and let it bubble.
- 5Add bourbon and cook out alcohol, 1 minute.
- 6Add orange juice and the cooked sweet potatoes.
- 7Smash with a masher and season the sweet potatoes with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pecan Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g