Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 teaspoons water
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening; gradually add in sugar, beating well using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream and bourbon; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix just until blended after each addition.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased/floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients; stir well.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Very easy and reminded me of my aunt's recipe