Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a traditional Easter dinner in our home. I've been making this for years.
Make and share this Bourbon Pecan Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the pork on all sides.
- Put the meat on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pecans to the oil in the frying pan, cook over medium heat 1 minute and remove.
- Combine the bourbon, sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add to the frying pan and boil until the sugar dissolves and bourbon reduces slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- After the meat has cooked 30 minutes, begin basting with the bourbon sauce.
- Cook until a meat thermometer stuck in the center reaches 160°F, about 30 more minutes.
- Five minutes before the meat is done, sprinkle with pecans.
This is a good simple roast. We could have used more sauce. I will at least double it next time. Thanks for sharing!
My mom made this recipe for our Mother's Day lunch and it was OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe which became an instant family favorite.
This pork roast is really good! I actually cooked this in my gas grill using, which doubles as an oven for me when the weather is hot. I'll be making this again but will double the delicious sauce for more of that flavor. Thanks BlueHyacinth for a nice recipe!