Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen. This is my son's favorite pie.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- Toast the pecans in the oven at 375 degrees. Finely chop the 1/2 cup pieces, but leave the halves.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, bourbon and chopped pecans. Stir well.
- Pour half the liquid into the pie shell, then lay out the pecan halves, and top with remaining liquid.
- Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for an additional 25 minutes (or until set).
- Remove from over and cool on wire rack.
I love pecan pie and the bourbon is a nice extra touch for the grownups! This is really easy to make, I made my own crust but you could get away with store bought if you're not a baker or in a hurry. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2014