Recipe by Sue Lau
This pie is really yummy and naughty. But perhaps one only for adults? Make one without the bourbon for the kids, or treat them all to ice cream instead.
Top Review by Becky of Chatham
The easiest and yummiest pie evah! My whole family loves this pie! Warning: It will overflow a regular pie crust. Use the deep dish variety or just use the left over filling to make a little pie for someone special :)
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup muscovado sugar or 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon Bourbon (amount to taste)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 50 -60 pecan halves (to top pie)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (refrigerated ready-to-bake or homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blind bake the crust: allow pie crust to reach room temperature.
- Line 9" pie pan with crust; fold excess dough over around edges and flute.
- Prick crust bottom & sides with a fork and chill pie crust for 30 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment and fill with pie weights (or dry beans) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing filling. Remove pie weights and parchment.
- Prepare the filling: beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Add the sugars, molasses, bourbon, corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the crust; arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of the filling.
- To bake, place onto a baking sheet, gently set a crust protector onto the exposed crust, and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F until a knife inserted halfway between the crust & center comes out clean.
- Cool on a trivet or wire rack.