This pie is really yummy and naughty. But perhaps one only for adults? Make one without the bourbon for the kids, or treat them all to ice cream instead.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup muscovado sugar or 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon Bourbon (amount to taste)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 50 -60 pecan halves (to top pie)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (refrigerated ready-to-bake or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blind bake the crust: allow pie crust to reach room temperature.
- Line 9" pie pan with crust; fold excess dough over around edges and flute.
- Prick crust bottom & sides with a fork and chill pie crust for 30 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment and fill with pie weights (or dry beans) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing filling. Remove pie weights and parchment.
- Prepare the filling: beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- Add the sugars, molasses, bourbon, corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the crust; arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of the filling.
- To bake, place onto a baking sheet, gently set a crust protector onto the exposed crust, and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F until a knife inserted halfway between the crust & center comes out clean.
- Cool on a trivet or wire rack.