1/1 Photo of Bourbon Pecan Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This pie is really yummy and naughty. But perhaps one only for adults? Make one without the bourbon for the kids, or treat them all to ice cream instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup muscovado sugar or 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon Bourbon (amount to taste)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 50 -60 pecan halves (to top pie)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (refrigerated ready-to-bake or homemade)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Blind bake the crust: allow pie crust to reach room temperature.
- 3Line 9" pie pan with crust; fold excess dough over around edges and flute.
- 4Prick crust bottom & sides with a fork and chill pie crust for 30 minutes.
- 5Line crust with parchment and fill with pie weights (or dry beans) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing filling. Remove pie weights and parchment.
- 6Prepare the filling: beat eggs lightly in a large bowl.
- 7Add the sugars, molasses, bourbon, corn syrup, butter and vanilla and mix well.
- 8Stir in the chopped pecans.
- 9Pour the mixture into the crust; arrange pecan halves in concentric circles on top of the filling.
- 10To bake, place onto a baking sheet, gently set a crust protector onto the exposed crust, and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F until a knife inserted halfway between the crust & center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a trivet or wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.3
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 240.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g