Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
posted for ZWT 5
Make and share this Bourbon Pecan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- For chicken: Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wash inside cavity and outside of chicken and pat dry. Rub cavity with cut side of half a lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill cavity with tarragon, rosemary, garlic cloves and onions. Truss and tie chicken.
- Pull up skin, press pecan bits into chicken breast and pull skin back into place. Make sure not to break skin.
- Pour 1/4 cup of bourbon over chicken and place it on its side in oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turn to other side, add remaining bourbon, baste and roast another 20 minutes.
- Turn again, baste and roast for another 20 minutes Check to see if it is done.
- If not, cook to your liking, continue cooking but do not overcook.
Bourbon and pecans.....how can you go wrong?!?! Very tasty chicken, indeed! Roasted nicely, turning a beautiful, rich golden brown. Very tender and the bourbon/pecan flavor was subtle and pleasing. Made for ZWT5 and served with Baked Spiced Sweet Potatoes and Pears (Creole) . Thank you for posting!