Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's a sweet bread.......It's a dessert!!!!! Either way, it's delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon, plus
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon, divided
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350; grease& flour a 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In lge bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking pwdr& salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; stir in orange zest and 1 1/4 cup pecans.
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup bourbon& egg, stirring well and add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened; transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup pecans over top, pressing down lightly.
- Bake in center of oven 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Drizzle bread while still slightly warm with remaining 2 tbs bourbon.
- This is also good topped with vanilla ice cream.