Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
Peach Cobbler with a kick.
- 8 peaches, peeled and sliced, about 6 to 8 cups
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- more sugar, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, plus
- more heavy cream, for brushing
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add the peaches, bourbon, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon and mix well to coat the peaches evenly; set aside.
- Prepare the dumplings:
- Into a bowl sift together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter into small pieces.
- Add it to the flour mixture and cut it in with a pastry blender or your hands until the mixture looks like coarse bread crumbs.
- Pour in the cream and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Don't overwork; the dough should be slightly sticky but manageable.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add the peaches and cook gently until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls over the warm peaches.
- There can be gaps, the dough will puff up and spread out as it bakes.
- Brush the top with some heavy cream and sprinkle with some sugar; put it into the oven on a baking sheet to catch any drips.
- Cook for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
This is excellent and easy to do. I wish I could give this more stars. Everyone loved it. I served it with a selection of ice cream..smiles around the table. Another good recipe. Thanks dojemi