Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in a fund raiser cookbook. It says The Ritz Carlton chef created this for a special luncheon for Food Editors given by the Bourbon Institute in 1971.....the year I graduated from High School....31 years ago!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Melt butter; add onion and chicken livers and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup broth, sherry, paprika, allspice, garlic, salt& pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes more; remove from heat and add bourbon.
- Soften gelatin in remaining 3/4 cups broth; cook over boiling water until dissolved.
- Place chicken liver mixture in electric blender; blend until smooth.
- Stir gelatin and walnuts into chicken liver mixture.
- Turn into a 5 or 6 cup mold or pyrex loaf pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold, serve with assorted crackers.