Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup whole smoked almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
Butter and Bread
- 1 baguette or 3 french dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- To make the chicken: preheat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in oil and butter.
- When the butter has melted and is hot, add in the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper; brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Decrease heat to medium low; add in juice concentrate and spoon over chicken as it melts down.
- Simmer 5 minutes; transfer chicken to dinner plates, leaving most of the sauce in the pan; top chicken with almonds.
- Increase heat on the sauce and add in bourbon; cook sauce until it is slightly browned, 2-3 minutes; spoon over chicken and serve.
- To make the butter: place bread in a warm oven or toaster oven to crisp the crust.
- In a small bowl, microwave the marmalade and butter 15 seconds on HIGH.
- Add in hot sauce and stir; spread or brush the sweet-hot butter on the crusty hot bread and serve alongside the chicken.