Recipe by Malriah
Southern Christmas treat! As hard as it may be to not eat them immediately, the balls get better after they sit for a day or two.
Top Review by leblanc.heather
Great basic recipe. After making the first batch and realizing how easy and delicious they were, I got creative and changed both the type of liquor and cookies. (Example: graham cracker crumbs with kahlua and vodka!) Each batch was delicious. They were definitely better after sitting a week or so in the refrigerator; however I did have to re-roll them in powdered sugar before serving. They are also pretty rolled in colored granulated sugar.
- 12 ounces vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (or rum)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together vanilla wafers, confectioners sugar, pecans, corn syrup, cocoa and bourbon (rum) until thoroughly combined.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Pour granulated sugar in a pie plate then roll balls in the sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- DOES NOT FREEZE WELL!