Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper; pound to 1/4" thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, bourbon, green onions, salt, and Worcestershire sauce; stirring well.
- Brush mustard mixture evenly over both sides of chicken breast halves.
- Cover and marinate in frig 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Combine butter and oil in lg. skillet, and place over med-high heat. Saute chicken 3 to 4 mins. on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Drain and discard pan drippings.
- Add reserved marinade to a skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Excellent! The chicken was moist & tender. I used Jack Daniels and cut back on the sugar. I marinated them for about 3 hours in the fridge. It took about 10 minutes to prepare, 3 hrs in the fridge and 10-15 minutes to cook
Amazing recipe. The only thing I added was a half cup of soy sauce and I used chicken thighs. I can't wait to make it again.
I made this just two nights ago and my husband loved it. I used whiskey instead of bourbon and not a very good brand either - which probably is the reason I didn't rave like he did. But it was good and we'll probably have it again. It certaintly was flavorable.