Prep 8 mins
Cook 14 hrs
Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Slow cooker Cookbook 3
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thick
- 4 lbs beef brisket, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniels hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- Place onions in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Season brisket with garlic salt and lemon pepper and place on top of onions, cutting to fit if necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients and pour in slow cooker over brisket.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 12-14 hours.
- Strain and defat cooking liquid.
- Serve as a sauce on the side.
Very good roast. Mine did not take 12 hours to cook. I had a smaller roast, however. Made for Make My Recipe.