Recipe by Tish
I have had this recipe in the collection but have not personally made it. It sounds fantastic for those warm summer nights or one when guests are coming over.
Top Review by acarleton
I made the pie in a 8" spring form pan as there was too much ice cream for a pie plate. I also omitted the bourbon from the first part of the recipe. For the fudge sauce, make sure it is thick before spreading over the ice cream, otherwise it will leak out as the pie thaws.
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 chocolate crumb pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pints coffee ice cream
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, then spread it evenly in the prepared crust.
- Top with half the bourbon fudge and half the pecans and freeze for about an hour.
- Soften the coffee ice cream, and spread over the now firm first layer.
- Mound the coffee ice cream in the center as necessary.
- Top with the rest of the fudge and pecans.
- Decorate with whipped cream and cover loosely.
- Freeze overnight or at least four hours and serve with warm fudge sauce To make the sauce combine first 5 ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and microwave about 3 minutes, whisking every minute or so.
- When the mixture has thickened somewhat, whisk in last three ingredients.