Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty little appys. Serve with toothpicks, as they are messy.
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bourbon, your favorite
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs (or your homemade, if you prefer)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients to make the bourbon sauce.
- Pleace in a dutch oven at medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
I made this for Thanksgiving and my family loved it.
I LOVE these meatballs! I was looking for a change from my regular BBQ meatballs and these were great. I did forget the wooster but they were so good I think I'll forget it again. I may do a little less bourbon, not everybody loves it like I do (hic!). Thanks for a great recipe. Since originally posting this I have made these almost every time we have dinner company. We recently had no bourbon so I used Maple Crown Royal - it was great! We have done the sauce on cocktail weenies too.
I've been making these for our holiday party for 5 years now. Always a hit! I use these sauce ingredients with the 96oz. Cost Co. bag of Italian meatballs and that proportion is about right.