Recipe by looneytunesfan
Top Review by NurseJaney
DH had some left-over sweets after mixing up our dog, Tom's meals. He found this recipe on Emeril - and we JUST had enough bourbon to fix this for dinner. Made exactly as posted. DEE-licious ! Served with pork tenderloin and applesauce. Thanks for posting.
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until tender and starting to ooze sugary syrup, about 1 hour and 15 minutes, depending on their size. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a slit down each potato and scoop the flesh into a large bowl. Discard the skins. Add the cream, bourbon, brown sugar, molasses, and salt and beat on high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Cover to keep warm, or gently reheat before serving.