Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious marinated steaks you can use either flank steaks or top round steaks. Enjoy. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 flank steaks, well trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds each) or 2 beef top round steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- Prepare marinade; In large plastic bag, Mix 1 cup water with all the ingredients except steaks.
- Add steaks, turning to coat, seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- Place bag in shallow glass baking dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours or over night, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- Put steaks on grill over medium heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning once.
- (Or preheat broiler and place steaks on rack in broiling pan. Broil steaks at closet position to source of heat for 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare) If using top round grill or broil for 25 to 30 minutes.
This was great!! I will defently do this again soon.
great marinade! used this tonight with ribeye steaks and salmon fillets. only change i made was to sub splenda for the brown sugar. everyone loved this. thanks for posting!
My family and I just finished devouring an entire flank steak made using this recipe and it was terrific! I scored the steak lightly and marinated it for about 9 hours, then grilled over high heat for 7 1/2 minutes on each side....it was perfect! We had this with baked potatoes and zuchinni pancakes and it was an excellent first grilled meal of the season. Thanks Barb :)