- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 flank steaks, well trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds each) or 2 beef top round steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade; In large plastic bag, Mix 1 cup water with all the ingredients except steaks.
- Add steaks, turning to coat, seal bag, pressing out excess air.
- Place bag in shallow glass baking dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours or over night, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- Put steaks on grill over medium heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning once.
- (Or preheat broiler and place steaks on rack in broiling pan. Broil steaks at closet position to source of heat for 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare) If using top round grill or broil for 25 to 30 minutes.