Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an old recipe, but here is my twist on it. So far it's been a big hit everytime I've served it. The sauce is the key.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the meat, in a bowl.
- Place the meat in a shallow baking dish or tupperware container.
- Add what ever meat you are using to the marinate, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Make sure that all the meat is soaking in the marinate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring the contents of the dish to room temperature before cooking.
- Bake for 1 hour if using chicken.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours if using pork chips.
- Turn meat over half way thru the cooking time.
- Remove the meat from the baking dish and keep warm.
- Strain the marinate into a bowl.
- In a sauce pan simmer over a medium flame to reduce it by half.
- Once reduced, remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter to make the sauce creamy.
- Serve with the meat.
made this with chicken forb the grill--i iused southern comfort instead of jack -wonderful! thank you
I have used this several times on steaks. Soy sauce also works if you are out of Worcestershire sauce.
Excellent marinate also great on feather bones