Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found at puppymomma's excellent food blog.
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, grade b preferred
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lightly score the tops and bottoms of the scallops with a crosshatch pattern (a slanted tic-tac-toe board). Only let the knife go through the surface slightly.
- Whisk the liquids and seasonings together.
- Add the scallops and let them marinate in the liquid for 15-30 minutes.
- Saute on a medium-high heat for 2-3 minute per side.
- Try to only turn over once.
- Drizzle the pan juices over the top and serve.