Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This is the cocktail for all of you who aren't martini drinkers. The addition of just a little cherry juice makes for a very smooth drink.
Top Review by Clairegs
I take one cup of sweet vermouth and one cup of dry vermouth, mix them together and put in a fancy decanter on the bar. Makes a perfect Mahatten for me and is not too sweet. Will have to get some cherries from Trader Joe's next time I'm there.
- 2 ounces Bourbon (use a good quality, such as Maker's Mark)
- 3⁄4-1 ounce sweet vermouth, depending on taste
- 2 -3 dashes Angostura bitters (or orange bitters, if you can find them)
- 1 teaspoon cherry juice (from the jar of maraschino cherries)
- 1 maraschino cherry, preferably on its stem