Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.hpj.com. Diane Meisinger, Hillsboro, KS
Top Review by texas*gal
Well, after having this in my "Want To Try" file for a year, I finally tried it tonight. We loved it! We used it to marinate buffalo steaks, and the flavor was outstanding. Since buffalo is so lean, my husband brushed the steaks with olive oil just before grilling. I simmered the leftover marinade while the steaks for grilling, and used it as a dipping sauce...so yummy! I served it with Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes (#95309) and roasted asparagus and mushrooms. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had tried it sooner!
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 4 (10 ounce) beef strip steaks (10 oz., using an equivalent cut of meat is fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix onion, bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place steaks in a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour marinade over steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours. Turn over once about half way through marinating.
- Grill on very hot grill for 2 minutes on each side, then over medium heat until desired doneness.