Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm making this for Thanksgiving, It's going to be a mighty good tasting turkey!
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces butter
- Place all ingredients other than butter into a saucepan. Whisk, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- slice butter into small pats, and add the butter after the 10 minutes are up. Whisk until the butter is melted,.
- Using a 30ml flavor injector, inject the turkey in the breast, thighs,drumstick and upper wing ares. No more than 15ml should be injected at any one place.
- Cook bird according to your normal method.