1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 40 mins
A great blend of flavors. I would suggest not adding the marinade to the skillet until the salmon has been turned for the final 4 minutes of cooking. The sauce tends to burn if it gets too hot or is cooked too long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshley ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag, seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan (see my note at the top of the page under Description), cook fish for 4 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 t. sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 T. green onions. And if using, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- 4NOTE: I would consider doubling the sauce portion of the recipe. I did and was glad I did. Since there are just the two of us, I also put the remaining two uncooked pieces of salmon in the freezer and added half the marinade to the bag. I'll include an update when I cook the salmon. I'm not sure if freezing it in the marinade might not be too much for a delicate piece if fish. UPDATE: Worked great!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon - Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 418.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 34.3 g