Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
A great blend of flavors. I would suggest not adding the marinade to the skillet until the salmon has been turned for the final 4 minutes of cooking. The sauce tends to burn if it gets too hot or is cooked too long.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshley ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag, seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish and marinade to pan (see my note at the top of the page under Description), cook fish for 4 minutes on each side until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; drizzle each serving with about 2 t. sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 T. green onions. And if using, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- NOTE: I would consider doubling the sauce portion of the recipe. I did and was glad I did. Since there are just the two of us, I also put the remaining two uncooked pieces of salmon in the freezer and added half the marinade to the bag. I'll include an update when I cook the salmon. I'm not sure if freezing it in the marinade might not be too much for a delicate piece if fish. UPDATE: Worked great!
I am always up for trying a new salmon recipe and this one is tip-top. Very glad I followed the advice of doubling the sauce - we like it saucy 'round these parts! Will definitely make again.
I actually found this recipe in the Cooking Light archives for this month!!! Instead of frying this lovely fish, we put it on the grill and it was done to perfection!!! We would do this recipe again
I'm not a big fan of drinking bourbon but I did have some left over after a party. Great salmon! It was tasty but i added a little more lime.