Recipe by weekend cooker
Quick little appetizer, or a dessert.
Top Review by awalde
I prepared this with my "Indian Blood peaches" from the garden and a delicatesse was in a few minutes ready. I replacese the 3 tablespoons Bourbon with Brandy and I added some in the yogurt as well!
Simply, elegant and original! I would recommend this for guest as well.
Done for PRMR, Thanks a lot for posting this!
- vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup plain reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, firm and ripe (halved, and pitted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a medium bowl.
- Combine seeds, bean, yogurt,1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and a dash of salt. Let stand for 1 hour, and discard bean.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine remaining sugar, remaining dash of salt, bourbon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add peaches, and toss gently.
- Arrange peaches, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and reserve sugar mixture.
- Bake peaches at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn peachhalves over, and drizzle cavities with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Serve with yogurt, and juices.