Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is easy, tastes wonderful and looks great! This leaves you more time for yourself. Your guests will be begging you for the recipe! For those who don't know, whenever you measure brown sugar, unless specified, you must really pack it in hard so that you can turn it upside down and it will come out in the shape of the measuring cup. I think I used a 5-7 pound ham.
- 1 (5 -7 lb) fully cooked canned ham
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon (good quality)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the rind from the ham. Using the tip of a sharp knife, score the ham in a diamond pattern. Place the ham in a roasting pan and pat the brown sugar evenly over the ham. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the marmalade, mustard, and ginger in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the bourbon. Remove the ham from the oven and brush the entire mixture over the ham. Return the ham to the oven and continue baking for 1 hour, basting occasionally. Remove the ham from the oven when the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Slice the ham and serve it warm or at room temperature.