Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
Wonderful holiday ham, or any time of the year. Try my "out of this world" scalloped potatoes with this ham. Enjoy!
- 1 (10 lb) fully-cooked smoked ham
- 3⁄4 cup whole cloves
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 navel oranges, sliced
- Wrap ham in aluminum foil and place in a lightly greased 13"x9" pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours. Remove ham from oven, and increase temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Unwrap ham, discard foil. Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Make 1/4-inch deep cuts in a diamond design, and insert cloves a 1-inch intervals.
- Brush ham evenly with 1/2 cup bourbon. Stir together remaining 1/4 cup bourbon, brown sugar, and dry mustard in a small bowl. Pat sugar mixture evenly over ham; arrange orange slices over sugar and secure with wooden picks. Lightly baste with drippings; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees and sugar has melted and formed a glaze.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.