Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A wonderful Sunday or holiday dinner. Served with scalloped potatoes and homemade applesauce, this has to be one of the best meals in the world.
- 1 fresh ham, about 10 pounds
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce
- Trim rind from ham and score fat into diamonds.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Tie ham every 2 inches with string.
- Spear ham on rotisserie rod and fasten ends.
- If desired, insert a meat thermometer in the center of the thickest part of the ham, not touching a bone.
- Make a drip pan and place it in grill and arrange coals around it.
- Place ham 8 inches above gray coals and grill for 4 to 5 hours, adding more coals when needed.
- During the last hour of grilling, brush glaze over all sides of ham.
- Brush with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Remove from rod and cut into thin slices.
- Note: If using a meat thermometer, allow the ham to cook until it registers 170 degrees.