Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
i adapted this from cooking light. this marinade/sauce is equally good on pork chops or tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- cooking spray
- mix first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, add chicken and peaches to coat.
- heat a non stick grill pan coated with cooking spray over med hi heat.
- remove chicken and peaches from marinade, reserving, and grill in pan about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through meanwhile heat marinade in microwave 2 minutes on high.
- spoon sauce over chicken and peaches.
Great! I've been looking for a bourbon chicken recipe to equal (or surpass as this one did) the Cajun Grill Bourbon Chicken in our local mall. This one was it...my husband and daughter loved it and the peaches were a pleasant addition that I never would have thought of. The only substitution I made was using fresh, minced ginger in place of the ground ginger. Thanks chia, this was great!
This was very good but I would thicken the sauce with a little corn starch the next time I make it. Made it in my Forman grill so that the cooking time was cut in half.
The bourbon glaze coats the chicken very lightly. IMHO, this recipe is not a copycat for the mall Cajun Grill Bourbon Chicken but it is a very pleasant recipe on it's own. I didn't want the peaches to marinate with the raw chicken so I saved a little of the marinade and poured it over the peach halves in a separate bowl. After I removed the chicken from the marinade, I drained it and boiled the heck out of it. I cooked the chicken on my George Foreman Grill.