1 hr 25 mins
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling; marinate time is 8-24 hours; uses both direct and indirect heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1Make the marinade: in a small bowl, whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- 2Trim the tenderloin of excess fat and silver skin; place tenderloin in a large zip-lock plastic bag; pour in the marinade.
- 3Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly; turn bag to distribute the marinade, place on a plate, and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- 4Make the rub: in a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients.
- 5Make the glaze: in a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
- 6Remove tenderloin from bag and discard marinade; wipe excess marinade off the tenderloin with paper towels.
- 7Press the rub into the tenderloins; let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- 8Lightly brush or spray tenderloin with olive oil; sear over direct medium heat until well marked, about 20 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 5 minutes.
- 9Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium rare, 10-20 minutes.
- 10During the last 10 minutes of grilling time, turn and baste with the glaze.
- 11Remove the tenderloin from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes; cut into ¾-1 inch slices and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon-Glazed Cajun Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3529.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g