Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Weber’s Big Book of Grilling; marinate time is 8-24 hours; uses both direct and indirect heat.
Make and share this Bourbon-Glazed Cajun Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) center-cut beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Make the marinade: in a small bowl, whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Trim the tenderloin of excess fat and silver skin; place tenderloin in a large zip-lock plastic bag; pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly; turn bag to distribute the marinade, place on a plate, and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- Make the rub: in a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients.
- Make the glaze: in a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove tenderloin from bag and discard marinade; wipe excess marinade off the tenderloin with paper towels.
- Press the rub into the tenderloins; let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Lightly brush or spray tenderloin with olive oil; sear over direct medium heat until well marked, about 20 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 5 minutes.
- Continue grilling over indirect medium heat until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium rare, 10-20 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of grilling time, turn and baste with the glaze.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes; cut into ¾-1 inch slices and serve warm.