Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Bon Appétit | July 2006 by Kenny Callaghan
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mild-flavored molasses (light)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- Whisk first 11 ingredients in small bowl.
- Do ahead: Glaze can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place long sheet of heavy-duty foil on each of 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Sprinkle rib racks on all sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 rib rack on each foil sheet. Fold up sides of each foil sheet around rib rack to form boat-like shape. Pour 1/2 cup pineapple juice over each rib rack. Fold up foil to seal packets. Bake until ribs are tender, about 1 hour. Remove ribs from foil packets. Transfer to roasting pan; pour any juices from foil over and cool.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Cut each rib rack in half. Grill until browned, brushing frequently with glaze and turning often, about 10 minutes. Cut racks between bones into ribs.