Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another do ahead veggie dish. Nice way to make your Thanksgiving sweet potatoes.The combination of spice & liquor gives this dish an unexpected pleasant flavor
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled,cooked and pureed
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 walnuts or 8 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Stir: bourbon,butter, sugar, Ginger& salt into the pureed potatoes.
- Using pastry bag fitted with a lsrge star, pipe the potatoe mixture into 8 large swirls in a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish Bake potatoes for 30 minutres or until hot.
- Garnish each swirl with a half nut, serve.
Very tasty recipe perfect for the holiday table! I did not prepare the potatoes with the pastry bag, but rather used a 9x13 pan to cook the sweet potatoes in the oven. It turned out very well! The flavors were wonderful!
The flavor combination of the bourbon and ginger is wonderful! I am not rating this, because I didn't truly follow the recipe; I just borrowed from it. In addition to the ingredients called for in this recipe, I added an egg, some extra brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and orange juice. All of these flavors combined together to create a wonderfully rich dish. I would have never thought to add bourbon and ginger to my sweet potatoes. Thank you so much for this great idea!