Recipe by Hey Jude
These are moist brownies with a great chocolate flavor. Hot milk can be used in place of the bourbon to make these non-alcoholic. Adapated from Cooking Light, March 2003
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 350°.
- Bring bourbon to a boil in a small saucepan, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and mix well with a whisk.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat at medium speed until well combined, then add vanilla and eggs; beat well and add flour mixture and bourbon mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Spread batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.