Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another one from the files. I need to do some baking!
- 2 cups mixed candied fruit
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, Chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, Divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, Softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- Combine candied fruit, raisins, and pecans; dredge in 1/2 cup flour, stirring to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine remaining 3 cups flour, baking powder, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with milk and 1/3 cup bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in fruit mixture.
- Spoon batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- NOTES :
- Moisten several layers of cheesecloth with remaining 1/2 cup bourbon; cover cake completely with cheesecloth. Wrap with aluminum foil, and store in cool place at least one week, remoistening cheesecloth as needed.
- Yield: one 10-inch cake.