1 hr 30 mins
Chef MB's Note:
Another one from the files. I need to do some baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine candied fruit, raisins, and pecans; dredge in 1/2 cup flour, stirring to coat evenly. Set aside.
- 2Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 4Combine remaining 3 cups flour, baking powder, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with milk and 1/3 cup bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in fruit mixture.
- 5Spoon batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 10-inch tube pan.
- 6Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 8NOTES :
- 9Moisten several layers of cheesecloth with remaining 1/2 cup bourbon; cover cake completely with cheesecloth. Wrap with aluminum foil, and store in cool place at least one week, remoistening cheesecloth as needed.
- 10Yield: one 10-inch cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.4
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 187.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit