Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks so effective and the blend of fruit and bourbon flavours tastes wonderful! I like milk chocolate in this recipe but dark chocolate would also work very nicely. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 large oranges
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries (about 10 strawberries)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 ounces chocolate, chilled (milk or dark)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- strawberry, to decorate (optional)
- Peel each orange and finely dice the flesh, discarding the tough core and any seeds (I find it easiest to quarter each orange, then peel).
- Hull and dice the strawberries.
- Put both fruits in a bowl and add the bourbon. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the sugar and stir. Leave to soak for about 30 minutes in the fridge. Gently stir as frequently as you can- every 5 minutes if possible- to evenly blend the flavours.
- Finely grate the chocolate until you have the required 4 tablespoons grated (chilling it beforehand stops it from melting in your hands as you grate it) .
- When the fruit has finished soaking, whip the cream until it starts to stiffen.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar to the cream.
- Drain the fruit through a sieve, pouring the juices and bourbon into the whipped cream. Stir gently to mix.
- In four glasses, put a layer of fruit, then cream, then chocolate flakes. Repeat the layers of fruit, cream and chocolate, finishing with the chocolate. If desired, top with a fanned strawberry.