If you have ever visited New Orleans and been served french toast.. this is it..They are sinfully good.. For those who chose the non bourbon recipe you can use rum extract in water for the bourbon.. Honestly try it with it first.. I have made this with Windsor, Jameson and Jim Beam. I prefer the Windsor version better as it is sweeter then the others and doesn't have a big bite to it. Even though it is a Canadian whiskey instead of a good rye. That is my preference though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix eggs, sugar, salt and bourbon, saving 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- 2Cut bread into half inch slices and dip into mixture.
- 3Place into frying pan coated with oil. Or griddle at 350 degrees.
- 4Fry until crisp and brown, repeating on the opposite side until done.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Dust with powdered sugar.
- 7Add 1/2 cup of bourbon to maple syrup and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1112.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 634.5 mg
- Sodium 1537.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 33.8 g