Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flambe! It's always fun to set food on fire intentionally (setting food on fire accidentally is entirely another matter, as I know first-hand). I like these over ice cream.
- Combine the apple slices and lemon juice in bowl.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apples and cook, turning frequently, until crisp-tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Add the bourbon and ignite, shaking the skillet gently until the flame subsides.
- Serve warm with ice cream (my favorite) or creme fraiche.
If I could give this dish more stars I would. Needless to say when I told my boys that we would be lighting up dessert they were excited! They gasped when I set the bourbon on fire then gobbled up the apples. I served this over vanilla ice cream. The result was outstanding. I will used this recipe again soon.