Recipe by troyh
I got this from a Maker's Mark mailing list I'm on, straight from the owner of Maker's Mark, Bill Samuels. He calls it "Maker's Mark Bourbon Eggnog", but any bourbon should do (although Maker's Mark is my favorite).
Top Review by whimsicalworm
This eggnog is fantastic! I fixed it for Christmas Eve and everyone loved it (plus, I bought the cheapest bourbon I could find). Follow the directions so as not to short-change the creaminess. Despite its reputation, I plan to serve this drink on a hot, summer night. Thanks for the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate eggs and beat the yolks until creamy.
- Whip sugar into the yolks, then beat the whites until they stand in peaks, adding a 1/2 cup of additional sugar if desired.
- Beat the yolks and bourbon together and add the whites.
- Beat cream into a froth, then add milk and cream to the egg mixture.
- Add nutmeg to taste and garnish each cup with a dash of nutmeg for a dash of color.