Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from a Maker's Mark mailing list I'm on, straight from the owner of Maker's Mark, Bill Samuels. He calls it "Maker's Mark Bourbon Eggnog", but any bourbon should do (although Maker's Mark is my favorite).
- Separate eggs and beat the yolks until creamy.
- Whip sugar into the yolks, then beat the whites until they stand in peaks, adding a 1/2 cup of additional sugar if desired.
- Beat the yolks and bourbon together and add the whites.
- Beat cream into a froth, then add milk and cream to the egg mixture.
- Add nutmeg to taste and garnish each cup with a dash of nutmeg for a dash of color.