Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from Chef2Chef Recipe Clude
Make and share this Bourbon Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In a non stick skillet over low heat, combine the olive oil, garlic, tomato paste and the crushed bouillon cube.
- When the olive oil and tomato paste have blended and begin to bubble, add the bourbon.
- Be careful, the bourbon will ignite, if it doesn't, light it with a match.
- The alcohol will burn off quickly, in about 1 minute.
- Once the flame has dminished, add the cram and reduce it by half over medium heat.
- It should boil the whole time.
- Stir often.
- The finished sauce will have a light pink shade to it and should coat the back of a spoon.
What a wonderful sauce. My picky family really enjoyed it. I did make a few variations, 2 tsps garlic and chicken instead of beef bouillon. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to flame the bourbon. I served it over lobster/crab pasta. It was wonderful.