Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from Southern Living.
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in brown sugar and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla, salt, and 1 cup flour. Spread half of batter in prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add 2 tablespoons flour and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add bourbon and remaining 1 egg, beating until blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan; top with remaining brownie batter, and swirl together.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Gently remove foil; cut into squares.