1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate flavored syrup (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 -10 ounces French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes(about 8 cups)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate or 3 ounces white baking bar, coarsely chopped
Bourbon Chocolate Sauce
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. In a large mixing bowl stir together milk, eggs, syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- 2Spread bread cubes in an ungreased 3 qt. rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped semisweet and white chocolate.
- 3Pour egg mixture evenly over bread.
- 4Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until pudding is puffy and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly (pudding will fall in center). Drizzle with warm Bourbon Chocolate Sauce.
- 5Bourbon Chocolate Sauce: In a heavy saucepan stir 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate over low heat just until melted. Stir in 2/3 cup whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil.
- 7Remove from heat; whisk until smooth. Stir in 2 to 3 Tbsp. bourbon, if desired.C ool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g