Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
This recipe came from a lot of tinkering in the kitchen with various recipes found on the web. Of course we added a lot of Langlois touches to it.
- 2 cups apple juice (sub with any fruit juice of water)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces Bourbon (Jim Beam has produced the best flavor for me)
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large vidalia onion
- Bring 1 cup of the Apple Juice, entire amounts of the Soy Sauce,Oyster Sauce, Ginger, Brown Sugar,Garlic Powder and Red Pepper to slow simmer.
- In separate cup mix corn starch and remaining Apple Juice. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk Starch/Apple Juice Mixture with the rest and stir until smooth.
- Bring heat to high, being careful to whisk the whole time.
- While whisking mix in Bourbon.
- Whisk for two minutes on high, then turn off and remove pan from heat.
- Main dish:.
- Melt butter in Pan.
- Slice Chicken Thighs vertically and add to pan.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Brown chick in butter for approx 8 minutes.
- Chop vegetables according to preference and add to pan.
- Season with soy Sauce.
- Mix occasionally for 8 more minutes.
- Turn off and serve Chicken with Vegetable over a bed of rice.
- Drizzle Bourbon sauce over Meal when served.