1/1 Photo of Bourbon Chicken Langlois
Dan Langlois's Note:
This recipe came from a lot of tinkering in the kitchen with various recipes found on the web. Of course we added a lot of Langlois touches to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups apple juice (sub with any fruit juice of water)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces Bourbon (Jim Beam has produced the best flavor for me)
- 2Bring 1 cup of the Apple Juice, entire amounts of the Soy Sauce,Oyster Sauce, Ginger, Brown Sugar,Garlic Powder and Red Pepper to slow simmer.
- 3In separate cup mix corn starch and remaining Apple Juice. Mix until smooth.
- 4Whisk Starch/Apple Juice Mixture with the rest and stir until smooth.
- 5Bring heat to high, being careful to whisk the whole time.
- 6While whisking mix in Bourbon.
- 7Whisk for two minutes on high, then turn off and remove pan from heat.
- 8Main dish:.
- 9Melt butter in Pan.
- 10Slice Chicken Thighs vertically and add to pan.
- 11Season with Salt and Pepper.
- 12Brown chick in butter for approx 8 minutes.
- 13Chop vegetables according to preference and add to pan.
- 14Season with soy Sauce.
- 15Mix occasionally for 8 more minutes.
- 16Turn off and serve Chicken with Vegetable over a bed of rice.
- 17Drizzle Bourbon sauce over Meal when served.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Chicken Langlois
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 1785.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 66.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g