Recipe by Deejer
Easy, flavorful recipe for chicken lovers
Top Review by cicia54
The reason it is called"Bourbon Chicken " is because of a Restaurant on BOURBON STREET in Loisianna,that makes it. That recipe made it famous so famous that they could afford to share it! SOOO,it does not have to have Bourbon in it! But once you have the recipe like everything else, you can change it, if you want to change it, and make it your own!!
- 907.18 g boneless chicken breasts
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot and add diced chicken. Lightly brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside, drain out excess liquid from pot.
- Add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and soy sauce to the pot and heat over medium flame.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- To thicken the sauce, add corn starch and water.
- Serve over rice.