Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
... Couldn't find a recipe, here, that was as simple. Uses Pineapple juice for a little different flavor. We love it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Saute chicken in large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through (no longer pink).
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over chicken & simmer 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Hey! Bourbon chicken with actual bourbon in it!!! This is awesome!! It creates a well-balanced, thick sauce with hints of bourbon and pineapple. Very delicious!!!!!!! I used Evan Williams bourbon whiskey as it is pretty reasonably priced and good. I sauteed my chicken in 1 TBSP grapeseed oil then followed this exactly. Used fresh ginger and light brown sugar. Love this recipe, thanks so much for posting!!!!!!!!!
This recipe is fantastic! I can follow instruction well enough but this superseded my expectations! I doubled the sauce because it smelled amazing. Also, I slowly added some cornstarch mixed with a bit of cold water to thicken it up and It came out great! So dang delicious!