Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love Chinese Food and this dish surprised me since it was served at several Chinese Outlets yet it's not Asian in origins. So I set out to duplicate this dish and here is my best effort. All my friends swear by it.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed 1 inch squares
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 red onion, chopped in large squares
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a big zip lock bag and add chicken.
- Marinate overnight.
- Pour contents of bag into a large baking pan and bake at 325, basting frequently for 1 1/2 hours or until well browned. Make sure that the chicken is in a single layer.