Recipe by byZula
This is adapted from the 'Cajun Cafe's' recipe.
Top Review by Cook In Southwest
While this recipe is delish, it lacks thickening. I put a bit (probably 1 Tbsp.) of cornstarch with the water into the sauce and it was much better. Hubby didn't comment, but that does not mean much. I liked it a lot. The recipe does not say to brown the chicken, but because it said "braise" I did (with a bit of butter). I think that is really necessary. I did give it 5 stars, because it really tasted great. However, I'll never follow the recipe to a T, but only with my modifications.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thigh pieces or 1 1⁄2 lbs dark chicken meat, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, ginger, brown sugar, 1/2 cup white grape juice and bourbon.
- Stir until thoroughly blended. Pour 1/3 sauce on chicken pieces and mix.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or best overnight. Save remainder sauce and refrigerate.
- Braise chicken with marinade on medium-low heat until cooked. Remove from frying pan.
- In a 2-quart sauce pan heat remainder of bourbon sauce and add 1/2 cup of white grape juice and 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar is devolved. Add chicken to sauce and stir until chicken is coated and its ready to serve.