Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make, these carrots will brighten up any plate.
Make and share this Bourbon Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml water
- 680.38 g baby carrots
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml Bourbon
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish if desired (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; then add carrots, white sugar and salt.
- Return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bourbon and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 more minutes.
- Garnish if desired.
I served these with last Thanksgiving's dinner, and while the veggies play a decidedly minor role in the feast, we really enjoyed them. I have made them several times since, and make plenty so as to have leftovers for a snack the next day! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Wow, you sure can taste the bourbon. But that's great! This is quick, easy and delicious. I did cut the recipe down to serve 2. And they really do brighten up your plate. I served them with Moroccan Chicken Kebabs / Skewers and Rice Pilaf for a wonderful dinner packed full of flavor. Thanks Lvs2Cook for posting.