Recipe by Tish
Another Point in Thyme Restaurant recipe that is sure to please. It is a satisfying soup that will never let you down.
Top Review by Jenny J.
Wonderful! The flavors were complex but very complimentary! I can't describe how gourmet tasting this was, but it was just what I was looking for. A very velvety smooth soup that leaves you inspired to pursue other culinary endeavors. ***Low-fat tip: Use fat-free half and half in place of the cream. The velvety goodness will still be there!***
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups butternut squash, diced peeled, deseeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in 4-quart saucepan and sauté onions over medium heat until onions turn opaque. Add squash, ginger, garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add bourbon and ignite with a lighter until alcohol has burned off.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Add all other ingredients and simmer for 5 or more minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in saucepan with a handheld immersion mixer or blender until all of the soup has been pureed very fine, then add salt and pepper to taste.