- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon or 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in large skillet, add shallots, cook uncovered over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add apples, maple syrup and bourbon, simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Add cider and boil over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat and stir in remaining butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in sage, nutmeg and cloves.
- Serve warm.